Posted: 18 Nov 2021
Deadline: 2 Jan 2022
Compensation: £30,000 per annum
Paid Part-time Fixed term / contract
About the role: ARTification deliver a range of innovative arts and environmental projects in the Borough of Ealing and across West London. The Project Co-ordinator will support project delivery at the organisation’s cultural hub and community garden in North Acton as well as W3 Gallery on Acton High Street. The postholder will also lead and develop bespoke projects in a range of locations and with a diverse range of audiences. Projects are focused on achieving the strategic aims of ARTification including improving the physical and mental wellbeing of residents and connecting diverse people through inclusive, creative activities. A large part of the Project Co-ordinators role will be focused on delivering ‘Edible Acton’, an initiative to increase access to locally grown food whilst developing skill-sharing initiatives with communities in Acton, particularly focusing on the development of children and young adults.
The Project Co-ordinator will report to the Director of ARTification, but will also work closely with other organisations, volunteers, environmental educators, freelance artists, funders and partners to ensure project delivery.
The role is part-time (3 days per week) and a fixed term 1-year contract The role is flexible and core working days will be agreed, ensuring that the commitments of the organisation are met. Some evening and weekend work will be required as part of the role Time Off in Lieu will be agreed where required.
- Part-time, 3 days per week
- One-year fixed term contract until end of March 2023
- Salary – £30,000 (pro rata)
- 25 days annual leave (pro rata), not including bank holidays
- Employee pension scheme
- Location – the Project Co-ordinator will be based at ARTification's cultural hubs with some flexiblity to work from home
Application deadline: Sunday 2nd January 2022 Interviews will take place during the week beginning 10th January 2022
Purpose of Job:
- To undertake project coordination for allocated projects and co-ordinate delegated elements of projects managed by others.
- To work closely with the Director to ensure project resources are allocated and all projects outputs, outcomes and milestones are met and reported.
- To uphold and promote the vision of ARTification of connecting people and places, and transforming communities, through a vibrant arts culture.
Summary of main responsibilities:
- To manage allocated projects in line with budget, contract and funder requirements and meet all outputs, outcomes and milestones.
- To produce delivery plans and profiles in liaison with the Director.
- To identify and co-ordinate the resources allocated to the project – including staff, associates, materials and facilities.
- To manage delegated project budgets and ensure all financial targets are met.
- To ensure all data and information relating to the project is stored in accordance with GDPR and company policy and procedures.
- To ensure that work is delivered to a high standard, and is in line with the values and standards of ARTification.
- To continually monitor and evaluate performance and service delivery against agreed outputs, outcomes and milestones. Prepare monthly monitoring reports for the Director.
- To attend management, team, steering and user group meetings as required, and contribute to the further improvement of delivery and development of future programmes.
- To co-ordinate volunteers and freelancers and agree roles and responsibilities in line with company HR policies and procedures.
- To lead on project marketing and communications, including digital and social media, and to develop, implement and monitor marketing strategies alongside the Director.
- To be familiar with and implement ARTification’s Equal Opportunities, Safeguarding and Health & Safety Policies. To ensure equality of access to ARTifications buildings and project activities for all people.
- To undertake training considered necessary for the efficient execution of the duties of the post.
- Project coordination experience
- Community partnership building (voluntary &/or professional)
- Passion for environmental projects (preferably involving engaging young people)
- Demonstrates relevant knowledge and experience/qualifications in project management and delivery, gained in a previous role (paid or voluntary).
- Experience of working/volunteering in a community arts project or organisation.
- Passionate about working collaboratively to improve lives and bring their own creative energy to projects.
- Highly motivated and organised, can rise to the challenge of managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Experience of working in diverse communities and engaging diverse audiences, with demonstrable understanding of relevant policy and guidelines.
- Experience of working in or with a charity to deliver funded programmes focused on social change.
- Experience of using communications, including digital tools, to promote activities and reach audiences.
- A commitment to promoting cultural diversity and social inclusion through community arts and environmental projects
- Knowledge of the creative and craft sector.
- An interest in and an understanding of environmental and urban community food growing programmes.
- Experience of working with funding bodies, trusts and foundations.
Please send a CV and demonstration of your suitability for the role – addressing the person specification – in your medium of choice. Please email this to: email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Sunday 2nd January 2022.
We recognise that people have different communication styles. Please demonstrate your suitability for the role in a way that works for you. This could be a written statement, presentation or short video (no more than 3 minutes). Applications will be assessed based on response to person specification.
If you have any questions and would like an informal discussion about the role or organisation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about ARTification's work, visit: www.artification.org.uk
Please mention Roots to Work when applying for these jobs
ARTification connect people and place by curating a vibrant arts culture and transforming natural spaces. Since 2003 we have delivered arts and environmental projects across West London from our cultural hubs in North Acton and W3 Gallery on Acton High St.
This year we launched a new intergenerational project, Edible Acton, to increase access to locally grown food and enhancing natural spaces with the Acton community.