The Food Foundation
The Food Foundation, The Rain Cloud, 76 Vincent Square SW1P 2PD
Compensation: £30k pa
A critical role in a small and very influential organisation working on food policy, providing cross-organisational leadership on communications through press, website and social media channels to ensure our evidence and recommendations impact policy makers and business leaders.
About the Food Foundation
Our vision is a sustainable food system which delivers health and wellbeing for all. The Food Foundation is a young, dynamic, impactful and independent charity with a mission to change food policy and business practice to ensure everyone, across the UK, can afford and access a healthy diet supplied by a sustainable food system. We use surprising and inventive ideas to catalyse and deliver fundamental change in the food system by building and synthesising strong evidence, shaping powerful coalitions, harnessing citizens’ voices and driving progress with impactful communications. We continually identify new opportunities for action, and trial new levers for change. We are independent of all political parties and business, and we are not limited by a single issue or special interest. We work with others who believe there is a problem with the system and want to change it. We have a terrific and dedicated group of trustees and expert advisers who support our work.
- Working with the Head of Communications to create and implement the communications and social media strategy.
- Supporting daily press operations including:
- Writing and issuing press releases and comments
- Writing editorial and blog content as needed
- Building relationships with journalists and developing a strong network of media contacts
- Monitoring and responding to shifting policy environments and media landscapes
- Maintaining upto-date and accurate records on the Vuelio media database.
- Tracking social media activity and providing insights into dynamic and far-reaching content.
- Drafting and producing content for social media and the website; keeping several social media platforms and websites up-to-date. Co-ordinating with digital content creators to create exciting powerful digital content.
- Providing creative and multipurpose copywriting across all Food Foundation projects
- Supporting the Food Foundation’s report publication schedule by drafting, copy editing and proof-reading briefings and reports. Managing the design process and liaising with external designers
- Drafting and coordinating design for the Annual Report and other Food Foundation project reports throughout the year.
- Coordinating the delivery of a new website – running tender process for new website design.
- Helping to develop and maintain a diverse network of stakeholders across local and national government, parliament, academia, the third sector and citizen groups.
- Identifying and managing case studies for media use. Ensuring permissions are in place and maintaining sensitive relationships.
- Supporting the Events Manager by developing promotional content.
- Helping to maintain the CRM database with maximum information and accuracy.
- Managing the Food Foundation’s compliance with Data Protection Regulations.
- Managing the Food Foundation’s copyright licences.
- Helping to maintain accurate and up-to-date storage of documents, images and film content on SharePoint
- Monitoring media coverage, social media and website analytics
- Maintaining accurate records and inputting into Food Foundations Monitoring and Evaluation Reports.
- At least three year’s work experience in a press and communications-related role
- Excellent writing skills with a track record of producing articles, blogs and press releases
- Ability to draft copy at speed
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment with a clear focus on delivery
- Strong team player and good at using own initiative
- Interest in young people and working with them
- Highly organised
- Computer skills to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience in developing content for social media and infographics
- Genuine passion for the Food Foundation’s objectives.
- Knowledge of Vuelio or equivalent media database
- Knowledge of the food system and challenges within it
- Knowledge of Agile or equivalent CRM software
- Knowledge of Wordpress.
The position will report to the Head of Communications. The position will be full time and could work from home up to one dpw.
Salary: £30,000; 5% contribution to pension.
Start Date: TBC. Expected Early July.
For more information about the Food Foundation, please visit www.foodfoundation.org.uk.
Apply to email@example.com marking subject line “Communications Manager” with your CV and cover letter by 9am on June 8th. Interviews to be conducted on Zoom. Short listed applicants will be contacted individually to schedule calls.
Please mention Roots to Work when applying for these jobs
About The Food Foundation
An independent organisation aiming to present solutions to government and the private sector to address the growing challenges facing the UK’s food system.