Our goal is to connect good people with good food. We advertise sustainable food jobs and training opportunities to help jobseekers and employers find each other.
206 Manor Place SE173BN
Compensation: £19,747 per annum (London Living Wage, 35 hours per week)
Starting a career in administration and hope to use your skills to support the success of a charity? Want to utilise your proactive initiative, computer literacy, and organisation skills toward a greater environmental and social goal? Join our growing team at South London’s small but mighty charitable horticultural training centre and award winning organic garden, and help us with the fine details that make a big impact.
Walworth Garden is committed to equality of opportunity, and values diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, particularly from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates who are currently under-represented in the horticulture industries. We also welcome applications from LGBTQIA+ candidates.
Walworth Garden is a charity dedicated to knowledge and nurture. We aim to improve lives by providing excellent learning and horticultural therapy in a garden that’s open to all. Walworth Garden is a registered charity and Company limited by guarantee. The Charity is governed by a voluntary Board of Trustees. Our main charitable work includes horticultural training for people not in work or education and horticultural therapy for vulnerable and disabled adults. We provide services that individuals or other organisations pay for in order to generate surplus income to support our charitable work.
Walworth Garden works with some of the most vulnerable in society and safeguarding is of paramount importance. All staff will undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Purpose of the Role
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to managers and other staff by handling a variety of tasks in order to ensure that all interactions between the organization and others are positive and productive. They will work closely with the Finance & Administration Manager to ensure that all matters relating to administration are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
● To carry out general administrative duties such as filing, sorting, copying, scanning, typing, archiving, organising and shredding as necessary so that the organisation continues to move towards an increasingly organised, efficient and digitised way of working and so that all staff have easy and efficient access to files they may need
● To work with the Finance Manager to create a variety of reports (including financial) and to correspond with suppliers and others as requested
● To learn how to successfully administer specific aspects of the Level 2 Horticulture training, including but not exclusive to creating digital registers and enrolling students
● To create and maintain a list of graduating students from whom feedback forms are completed and collated; destination data is gathered and collated and an alumni is formed
● To work with other staff and liaise with workshop practitioners and others to agree workshop dates, collect biographies, workshop descriptions and practitioner needs
● To work with the Finance Manager to order necessary materials for workshops/short courses and other events as necessary and appropriate in good time and certainly two weeks prior to the event taking place
● To liaise with practitioners to obtain up to date workshop handouts and to either print or email them to attendees as requested
● To ensure that a system of feedback forms, (either electronic or hardcopy) as appropriate are, completed, collated and the resulting data distributed to relevant staff so that our offer continues to grow and improve and so that any issues are addressed efficiently and effectively
● To ensure record keeping for all areas of work is up date and comprehensive so that it is easily accessible to all relevant staff
● To administer Adult Learning workshops so that records are kept up to date including booking records, rebooking records, cancellations, operating and maintaining a waiting list, confirming bookings, preparing registers, post workshop documentation (feedback forms), processing refunds and ensuring that the central calendar is a true representation of scheduled events
● To be the first person to answer the phone, become the ‘voice’ of the organisation, ensuring a polite and helpful manner and fostering an exemplary reputation by ensuring our ‘call minder’ is regularly dealt with
● To liaise with the Finance Manager so that the interior of our operation is fully stocked with supplies including refreshments, plant based milk, soap, and toilet paper, and to ensure the organisation is constantly moving towards vegan, cruelty free and sustainable supplies
● To assist in booking repairs for office equipment as necessary
● To receive mail, sort and distribute as necessary
● To attend, with other staff, to the needs of visitors to the Garden
● To be prepared to take part in training as necessary and to learn more
To learn more, and apply, please visit: https://walworthgarden.org.uk/administrative-assistant
Please mention Roots to Work when applying for these jobs
About Walworth Garden
Walworth Garden is a charity dedicated to knowledge and nurture. Open to everyone, our award-winning gardens provide an oasis in the heart of Southwark, where people come to relax, learn and grow.Through gardening education, training and therapy, we also provide opportunities and support for members of the local community, including vulnerable and disabled adults, those who’ve suffered traumatic experiences, and unemployed people looking to improve their professional skills and qualifications.