Corporate & Commercial Relationship Manager
Ryton Gardens, Wolston Lane, Coventry CV8 3LG
Compensation: £27,000 – £30,000 per annum (pro rata)
Paid Part-time Flexible hours
Post: Corporate & Commercial Relationship Manager (Organic Enterprises Limited)
Location: Garden Organic, Ryton, Coventry/remote working considered
Reporting to: Head of Fundraising
Hours: 2.5 days per week (there is flexibility over days/hours)
Salary: £27,000 – £30,000 (pro rata)
Garden Organic is the UK’s leading organic growing charity. For over 60 years we’ve been researching and promoting organic growing to get as many people as possible to grow the organic way.
Organic Enterprises Limited is the commercial trading arm of Garden Organic, generating income to support the work of the charity. It manages various commercial partners of which the largest is a contract with Suttons Consumer Products to produce the Organic Gardening Catalogue.
We are looking for an exceptional self-motivated relationship manager who has experience of working with high value commercial or corporate fundraising partners. You will lead and enhance the delivery of existing and new relationships for the charity at an exciting time of growth. In addition you will oversee the commercial relationship between Garden Organic and the Organic Gardening Catalogue.
With the support of the Head of Fundraising you will influence and deliver the new corporate strategy and grow income.
Overall purpose of the role
- To manage and nurture existing and future high value commercial relationships, providing an exceptional standard of stewardship and delivery.
- To oversee the production of the Organic Gardening Catalogue on behalf of the charity. Working with internal partners to ensure tasks are carried out and deadlines are met.
- To manage the day to day relationship with the Organic Gardening catalogue to ensure the values of the charity are maintained and the income targets are attained.
- To manage new and existing fundraising relationships. Negotiate and deliver partnership agreements ensuring a good return on investment for the charity.
- To seek out and develop new partnerships opportunities and relationships, researching, attending meetings and influencing.
- To work with the Head of Fundraising to develop and implement the new corporate strategy framework and opportunities to raise/generate funds.
Responsibilities & Main Duties:
- Managing the relationships and delivery of the Organic Gardening Catalogue, our key partner. To work closely with internal and external colleagues to ensure marketing tasks are delivered and get involved where required.
- To track progress towards annual targets and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholder colleagues.
- Plan, organise and deliver partnerships, working with internal colleagues to meet tight deadlines
- Creating and updating relevant contracts and reports.
- Reporting on income generated, performance etc. of each partnership
- Work on affinity partnerships to grow income, work with internal colleagues to promote and seek out new affinity relationships
- Attend external meetings and events
- Support new commercial fundraising opportunities, writing project plans, draft budgets before agreement with OEL board.
- Prepare and deliver a quarterly report of partnerships to/for the Board of Trustees.
- Develop, plan and manage commercial projects that generate income as agreed with OEL board.
- Maintain the highest standard of customer service ensuring projects are delivered within agreed timescales.
- To manage new and existing corporate fundraising relationships, maintaining a high quality of tailored stewardship. Ensure delivery against agreed targets and ensure a good return on investment for the charity.
- To work with internal colleagues to schedule in delivery of corporate benefits
- To write and update contracts in agreement with senior management for new and renewed sponsorship
- To secure new partnerships through research, building relationships, pitching, negotiation and application process to grow income.
- To maintain a good working relationship with all affinity partners and sponsors, acting as the first point of contact and resolving any issues as they arise.
- To work with the Head of Fundraising on corporate and commercial opportunities in line with the development of the new corporate framework which fits into the fundraising strategy.
- To report and record progress and income on fundraising database and to internal colleagues, and on occasion to OEL board.
- To monitor the key performance indicators and to prepare reports for the Finance Director and OEL Board;
- Ability to put forward a compelling case for support and can successfully pitch, present, and tell a story
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the Corporate & Commercial framework and wider Fundraising Strategy.
It is the nature of the work of Garden Organic that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All employees are expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises where tasks are not specifically covered in the Job Description and have to be undertaken.
Occasional evening, weekend and bank holiday working will be required.
Additional leave Bike to work scheme Casual dress Company pension Employee discount Flexible schedule Life insurance On-site parking Wellness programmes Work from home
To arrange an informal discussion about the role please call 07368 310391 or apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please submit your CV and covering statement detailing how your skills and experience meet the person specification. Further details are available on our website www.gardenorganic.org.uk.
As part of our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion all applications will be anonymised before being submitted to the recruitment panel. You are welcome to submit an anonymised CV in application for the role however please ensure you provide a contact telephone number or e-mail address.
Please mention Roots to Work when applying for these jobs
About Garden Organic
Garden Organic, the working name of the Henry Doubleday Research Association, is a registered charity in England and Wales