Burgess Farms (Produce World Group)
Whitehall Farm Temple Road Isleham Ely Cambridgeshire CB7 5RF
Posted: 12 May 2021
Deadline: 26 Jun 2021
Compensation: £8.91 per hour
Paid Full-time Permanent
Panama Shift or Monday to Friday shifts available
- Trimming raw material to customer specification
- Packing and stacking trays of packed product, checking quality as you go
- Cleaning the production areas as you work, or elsewhere as required
- Assisting with product changeovers to ensure downtime is minimised
- Operating machinery with appropriate training
- Using the Navision system with appropriate training
- Undertaking training to perform other tasks as needed by the business.
- Ensuring you understand the required specifications for production, seeking advice if unsure.
- Follow manual handling and lifting guidelines at all times.
- Following all other Company Personal Hygiene rules, Health and Safety, Quality, and other policies, procedures and systems of work as required in the area you are working. These are supplied at induction or with further training.
- Reporting any safety issues, machinery defects or general concerns arising while you are working to your first line manager or a member of the management team.
- Contribute to achieving the lowest possible production cost by ensuring you are working productively whilst on shift. Report any instances of unproductive time to your first line manager or Shift Leader.
- Adhere to Produce World’s values and behaviour
Previous experience of this type of work in food factories is desirable
Please submit application in writing via email to: Nicole.Thompson@Produceworld.co.uk
Please mention Roots to Work when applying for these jobs
About Burgess Farms (Produce World Group)
Burgess Farms is a family business and part of the Produce World Group. We are dedicated to using the very best of sustainable farming techniques in our own farming and collaborating with other expert farmers. We grow the finest quality potatoes, roots and Alliums, which we pack ourselves to supply to our customers.