Our goal is to connect good people with good food. We advertise sustainable food jobs and training opportunities to help jobseekers and employers find each other.
London Fermentary Ltd
Posted: 3 Nov 2022
Deadline: 18 Dec 2022
Compensation: £11.05 per hour (London Living Wage)
Paid Full-time Part-time Permanent
IMMEDIATE START! London Living Wage
London Fermentary is the leading fermentation production in the UK, surrounded by fine food establishments such as Neal’s Yard dairy, Monmouth Coffee, Flour Bakery and many others. We love to produce delicious good foods and drinks that make a positive impact on the human body and mind. Foods that help people to transform their lives. We believe in ethical working environments where everyone cares about what we produce, the space we work in and about each other. Our team is proud to produce high-quality, award-winning products. It is a priority to ensure that customers consume excellent ferments that elevate their well-being!
Here is the role description:
Our commercial food production kitchen seeks reliable, hardworking, conscientious individuals to assist in the production and preparation of various fresh and fermented vegetables. As a Food Production Operative, you will be working as part of a team operating in a FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT. The job of a production operative is fast-paced, and you will be working in a small team. The work is repetitive, and some LIFTING WILL BE INVOLVED.
Duties will involve:
1. Ensure that all vessels, equipment and facilities are kept meticulously clean and hygienic.
2. Understand and assist in all aspects of production and packaging processes for both vegetable ferments and water kefir.
3. Running quality checks on, for example, the size and weight of the finished product Assembling, packaging and labelling
4. Packing ready fermented products into jars
5. Pallet stacking Checking and weighing raw materials.
6. Safely and competently use all necessary stock handling and production equipment, and carry out routine maintenance as required.
7. Maintain regular communication with the Production Manager
You will need to be energetic, hardworking, physically fit and reliable. The positions are offered on a temporary to permanent basis with an immediate start.
Previous food warehouse/comercial kitchen experience is highly preferred.
If you are interested and ready to start, please send us your application, and we will be in touch to discuss it! firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention Roots to Work when applying for these jobs
About London Fermentary Ltd
We are the producer of raw fermented food and drinks, in heart of London.