Our goal is to connect good people with good food. We advertise sustainable food job and training opportunities to help jobseekers and employers find each other.
153 Lordship Lane, SE22 and Borough Market, SE1.
Compensation: Dependent on experience
Mons Cheesemongers is a small business specialising in sales of farmhouse and traditional cheese from France and Switzerland. We retail from four sites in London: East Dulwich, Borough Market, Brockley Market and at our warehouse in Bermondsey. We are looking for a part-time cheesemonger.
The position available is to join our experienced retail team, serving cheese directly to our wonderful retail customers. In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn about the production, selection and maturation of cheese. To share our enormous love of cheese is the most essential criteria for success.
Responsibilities - Retail (2-3 days per week)
· Sales of cheese at our retail sites
· Building great displays
· Taking the utmost care of cheese on the stall so that it reaches the customer’s plate in the best condition
· Organisation and cleaning of the stall in compliance with our systems and HACCP
Required Skills and Qualities
· A love of cheese and interest in how it is made and moved from production to plate
· Transferable experience in the food & drink industry is preferred but not essential
· Good communication: excellent verbal and written English
· Fluent French is an advantage
· Attention to detail, reliability, positivity and professionalism are all essential qualities
· A full, clean UK driving license and experience driving in London is preferred
· Part- time position 2 days each week – including Saturdays or Sundays
· Working outdoors, in all weathers, lifting heavy cheese and equipment. Shifts include weekends and early starts.
Please email CV and covering letter to email@example.com. If you have any questions or would like to discuss any aspects of this position please give us a call on 0207 0646912.
Please mention Roots to Work when applying for these jobs
About Mons Cheesemongers
The British arm of Mons cheeses began business in 2006. We import traditionally made cheeses from France & Switzerland, ripened in the cellars at St Haon le Chatel. From our base in Voyager Business Park, Bermondsey, we store, mature, wholesale and, on Saturdays, retail our cheeses. We also have permanent shops in Lordship Lane, East Dulwich and Borough Market, along with a Saturday pitch at Brockley Food Market. For more information visit our retail and wholesale pages.